District heating sector in Southeast Europe is in a difficult and complex situation. The situation in individual companies is different, but the basic problems of working in all sectors are as follows:
• Age, low efficiency and poor maintenance of productive capacity,
• Age, poor condition and loss of heat networks,
• Difficulties in measurement, calculation and payment of heat energy,
• The high price of fuel (heating oil, gas, coal),
• The high degree of environmental pollution,
• Low selling prices of heat energy and the difficult economic situation of the company.
Almost all of the heating plants are in a difficult financial position, short-term liquidity is problematic and liquidity indicators are bad. The causes of the poor condition are unpaid receivables, a high long term liabilities and high reserve of energy products whichblocking the liquid assets.
Euro-Atlantic integration of the countries in the region causes the shutdown of Heating Plants on fuel oil and the establishment of viable district heating system.
Green Heating Solutions – solution for customers
For the purpose of solving the problems of urban heating in the region, a team of experts IEE group has in the past years developed a business and technical model "GREEN HEATING SOLUTIONS» which is intended for the production of heat energy, and its quality distribution to the users, whether it is a households, businesses or cities as a whole.
Project and IEE concept of "green heating solutions" is intended for cities and reflected the intention of the IEE to build new or reconstruct existing heating plant from oil to a new energy source - biomass (waste wood, wood chips, sawdust, etc.) with the aim of quality and sustainable modes of supply of heat energy.
Biomass, as a renewable energy source, is biological material of plant or animal origin (wood, straw, biodegradable residues from agricultural production, livestock fertilizer, organic fraction of municipal solid waste). The biomass used in the process combustion or converted in systems that produce heat, electricity energy or both heat and electricity. In addition, the biomass is used for production of liquid and gaseous fuels - bioethanol, biodiesel and biogas.
USE OF BIOMASS - ADVANTAGES• Renewable energy resource
• Domestic resource
• Economic cost-effective fuel compared to oil, coal...
• Environmentally acceptable (in way to reduce CO2 emissions)
USAGE OF WASTE - ADVANTAGES• Free-own energy resource
• Environmentally-acceptable and beneficial - waste disposal - elimination of costs for its disposal- energy production