Biomass heating plant
Modernization of district heating - Gradiska Municipality, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
First implemented project in the Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Plant put into operation 1/1/2014
Reconstruction and modernization of district heating systems:
• Installation of two furnaces biomass (replacement of boilers with fuel oil) total capacity of 12MW, with an annual production of 18GWh heat energy for approximately 120 000 m2 of residential and office space
Construction phases1. CONSTRUCTION PHASE
Upgrading the building for additional 400m2
Building a platform for the preparation and storage of fuel - wood chips.
2. PREPARATION AND TRANSPORTATION OF RAW MATERIALS
Getting mill for wood waste
Construction of reservoirs for wood chips
Construction of system for transport chips
3. CONSTRUCTION of combustion plant– BURNER on BIOMASS
Construction of the primary combustion chamber forces 2x6MW
Construction of the vortex chamber
Adaptation of existing boiler / heat power 12MW
4. Construction of system for automatic control and regulation of the process of combustion BIOMASS.
• Quality and stable heating in 24-hour mode heating for all consumers
• Reduced emissions (Direct contribution to health and environmental protection, Ecological effect is maximal)
• The system for tariff models for consumers - Calculation of actual consumption; rationalization and energy saving
• Social effect - workers have kept their jobs
• Generating new jobs in the business of collecting, preparing and purchase of biomass (agricultural waste, sawmill waste, waste from orchards, etc.)
• Relieving the city budget to the amount that is currently spent on co-financing the procurement of fuel oil, about 10% of the municipal budget, or EUR 1 million / year
• Revenues of the city budget for renting or concession which IEE paid for use of the facilities of Heating plant and pipelines.
IEE Group as an investor and proponent of the project demonstrated the knowledge, expertise and ability in the most demanding conditions (technical and weather), create and implement appropriate business - technical solution based on the current situation and conditions in order to solve the problem and realization of work to the satisfaction of all involved party to the end user.
The concept of the IEE "green heating solutions" through the project Heating Plant Gradiškais showed rational, sustainable and realistic applicable in all respects, regardless of the conditions and circumstances in which the Municipality of Gradiška is located, or where any other municipality / Heating Plant located.